BVWASTE IS CURRENTLY ACTIVE IN THE FOLLOWING KEY PROGRAM AREAS
- Financially Self-Sufficient Class III Landfill Operation.
- Recycling drop-off for 15 different materials.
- Completed System of Regional Transfer Stations.
- Construction and Demolition Waste Tracking and Recycling Program.
- On-site processing into value-added products for materials such as wood, asphalt, concrete, compostable yard and garden waste.
- Regional Toward Zero Waste Special Event Service.
- New landfill office and scale building incorporating 14 different sustainability elements.
- Operation of heating system for heavy equipment shop and offices using energy derived from biomass.
- Installation of 20 kilowatt solar panel array feeding energy into the Alberta electrical grid.
- Recycling of Bow Valley scrub and brush to supply the bio filter material required to start up the City of Calgary compost facility.
CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON ANY OF THESE TOPICS